Thursday, July 06, 2006

Small Pox

We all have to get tested for small pox. If you were immunized as a child, as I was, you get 15 pricks with a very small needle. It injects the virus into your skin where it grows into this disgusting, weeping pustule. I'm still in the growing stage. It hasn't started to "weep" yet. Can hardly wait until that happens.

I had the test done 6 days ago and this is what it looks like. If you think it's gross, you should see it in person.

I have to keep a bandaid on it for 2 weeks. After that, I can take the bandaid off for an hour or so at a time to help it dry out. It's supposed to eventually turn into a "cornflake" and fall off.

Can't wait till that happens.

Sorry if this grosses you out, but I thought my boys might like it. Probably not.


No comments: