Friday, September 15, 2006

Nestle

What do you think of when you hear the brand name Nestle? Maybe my childhood favorite candy bar, "Nestle Crunch" or maybe "Nestle Quick?" Here in Afghanistan, Nestle means water. Nestle bottles water in Pakistan and ships it across the border. It's what we drink here. There are other brands of bottled water, but for the most part, it's Nestle.

What's nice is that you're never very far from bottles of water. They come into camp by the pallet load. They stack several boxes of water ourside our rooms. Stacks of water are in the latrines so you can use them to brush your teeth. Refrigerator fulls are in the gym and chow hall.

I was afraid before we came that clean water would not be readily available. While it may be for the guys down range, we have an endless supply.

I've never had so much water in my life. But that's a good thing and I'm not complaining.

No comments: