Friday, September 08, 2006

Update on Humanitarian Project

I've had several people ask me if they couldn't just send the little plastic pencil sharpeners with the pencils. Yes and No. Yes, that would work provided the sharpener went with the pencil. There are so many kids that unless you sent one sharpener for every pencil, not everyone would have a sharpener. Some could use a knife I'm sure, but I was told no pencils.

Here's my caveat: since some of these items will be going to the school, if a heavy-duty, hand-cranked pencil sharperner were included, then pencils would be OK.

You'll notice, if your scroll through the entry asking for assistance, that I added pictures of the school just built and the children. Most, if not all, the children are wearing native style clothing. In anticipation of your questions, let me double check to make sure that they will want Western style clothing. I'll keep you posted.

I did forget to mention to not send shorts. No one wears them here despite the heat. They're not "modest."

Thanks for your help!

No comments: