Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Office Supplies

Today we were sitting in my counterparts office. I’ve noticed before on his desk as well as other desks, pin cushions with straight pins in them. I always wondered what they were for but never thought to ask. Today I got my answer. They’re used as paper clips. I’m sure there are real paper clips in this country but my terp said that most people still used straight pins to clip/pin papers together. I’m surprised that there aren’t more papers with blood on them.

Computers, typewriters and copy machines are hard to come by. They’re office equipment that we jus take for granted. In fact, I bet there are not many offices left in the US that actually have typewriters. Well all my legal counterparts have to hand-write all their documents. Then if they want copies, they re-write the original again. Can you imagine having to do that? I shudder at the thought.

No comments: