Sunday, April 29, 2007

Leave

Well it’s finally almost here, my turn to go on leave. Merrill and Wais have been home for a couple of weeks now and will shortly be on their way back. They both left at about the same time and it just about killed me watching them go and me having to stay. Then I got transferred up here to Phoenix shortly after that to work on the military justice course and that about did me in but I’m adjusting and trying not to count down the days.

I can’t give out exact dates and details for obvious reasons but suffice it to say that I’ll be home in less than a month. Seth graduates the end of May and I’ll be home in time for that. My parents are coming up as well as my brother Chris and his daughter who graduates the week before. It will be great to see them as well as my family and friends at home.

When I get back we’ll be under 60 days of our tour. So while it’s been excruciating to wait this long to go home it is signaling the end of this deployment.

Anyway, I suppose I shouldn’t write about it as it only makes me all the more excited. My leave papers are pinned to my wall so I see them everyday. Maybe I should put them away.

Nah!

No comments: