Friday, July 06, 2007

New Digs





While I was on leave I received an e-mail from the housing folks here at Phoenix. Apparently my name bubbled to the surface of some VIP housing list and I was now eligible to move into a double connex. They’re reserved for LTC’s and Sergeant Majors and above. At first I thought that it wouldn’t be worth moving all my stuff since I was comfortable, albeit a little bit cramped. Then I went and looked at the room and immediately decided that it was worth the hassle of moving my few remaining possessions.

The room is not double wide but double deep, make sense, so I have a front room and a back room. It’s great as I no longer have to squeeze myself between my bed and my desk; one room for the bed, one room for the desk and closet. I love it.

Only two disadvantages and don’t take this as a complaint as I’m not complaining, but the AC does not really cool down the back room that much so I moved the bed to the front room as I like to sleep in a cold environment. The second disadvantage is that my back wall faces the plaza where they show movies three nights a week. The first night I walked into my room from the opposite direction as the plaza. I forgot it was movie night. As I walked in I could hear someone’s TV blaring loud enough that I could hear every word that was being said. I decided to try and be the good neighbor and ignore it but after about 20 minutes I’d had enough. I wasn’t quite sure if it was the room on either side of me or upstairs but I was going to go hunting. As I walked out of the room I could still hear the sound when it dawned on me that it was movie night. Of course I couldn’t do anything about it except endure it or flee from it. I decided to flee (it wasn’t a movie I wanted to watch). So now I either endure the noise or find something else to do until movie night is over. Don’t you just feel sorry for me? I didn’t think so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I noticed your John Grisham novels--I've read all the ones that I see on your bookshelf--have your read The Broker? By far my favorite.

Haole Wahine said...

All that splender and you didn't have to re-up or anything?