Thursday, March 29, 2007

Promotion - No, not mine!

Today I was at the KMTC to witness my friend, 1LT Scott Delius get promoted to Captain. It's been a long time coming. Scott has become a good friend and support. I'm going to be sorry to see him go home. Jerk! (He got here after I did and gets to go home before I do. Where is the justice in that I ask you?!)

Since I'm not smart enough to create a link to Scott's page, I'll include it here. Check it out. He's done some incredible humanitarian work. You can read an article that appeared in the legal community paper back home. He and his wife have done a tremendous job in helping out the Afghans. Like I've always said, I've been so touched by the generousity of family, friends and complete strangers. For Scott's family, here are some pictures from today's ceremony. Because it's late I'm not going to write about the changes at the KMTC or the two soldiers we saw trying to go AWOL that got caught. Check back tomorrow. I promise, I'll write and post pictures. In the meantime, here's Scott's address and the pictures....

Oh, the flowers around Scott's neck (I noticed he didn't post his copy) are an Afghan tradition. I know, we macho American men don't get it but it's a real symbol of honor and tradition. COL Khaliq was so proud to be able to present them to Scott. He assured me that he would be bringing them home to hang in his newly renovated house. He said it would match the paint! Honest!!

http://afghanistanjag.blogspot.com/index.html

3 comments:

SDD said...

Sir-
Thanks for posting the pics. I really appreciate you coming to the ceremony. I am sure that Allyson will post the flowers right over the mantle at home!

Ally said...

Thanks for posting the photos of Scott. I love to see him wearing flowers. Seriously, I know it is such an honor. Thanks for taking such good care of my wonderful husband. He is greatly missed. Best wishes to you and your team. Keep safe. Love Ally

Ally said...

Oh - I will be sure to send the link to his friends!