Sunday, March 11, 2007

Some More Photos

Since I haven't written much lately, let me post some pictures.









Here a couple of shots of soldiers at the KMTC (Kabul Military Training Center) learning hand to hand combat using their rifles as weapons.















Our snow covered humvees.















When the CO's not using his SUV he lets me drive it. It's a sweet ride; leather interior, CD player, and dirty as all get out. So there I am at the check-point waiting to get back into camp.























This was taken in one of the abandoned buildings on the hill overlooking camp. The green archway painted in the corner designates the direction of Mecca. Comes in handy when it's time to pray and you can't remember which way to kneel.








I may have posted this before, but here's the swimming pool up on the hill in the summer time. The ANA actually swim in it.

Here it is in the winter. Can you see all the rebar and broken pieces of cement that are in the bottom. Probably not, but trust me, it's a giant garbage pit. Now I don't know if all that junk was in there in the summer time but I have no reason to believe that it wasn't. Remind me not to swim in this pool.!!

No comments: