Sunday, December 24, 2006

Antique Christmas Cards

NOTE: In a new twist, Blogger is now uploading pictures sideways. Oh well.


My mother-in-law, Donna Durfee, has been sending me weekly Christmas Cards. (Actually, one day I got 4 at one time.) Now these just aren’t your run-of-the-mill cards, these are special “antique” cards. Over the years she has kept cards from each year she sent out Christmas cards. So what she’s been sending me are the cards she sent out, along with the family photos from that year.

I’ve been getting cards from the early 70’s, late 70’s and the 80’s. It’s been fun seeing the Durfee family, and Janae in particular, at various times in their lives. I understand she did the same thing for Jason, Janae’s older brother, when he was deployed during Desert Storm. It was a great idea then, it’s a great idea now.

Thanks for the cards Donna and the weekly letter!!

No comments: