Friday, October 13, 2006

Merrill's Pictures

I just realized that I don't have a very good picture of Merrill and I. I'll have to work on that. In the meantime, here are some of his pictures that I downloaded off his camera.








This is Afghan bread that our interpreter got for us. It's called naan. It's actually pretty good but in this picture, it looks like rawhide.



I think I posted a picture of me and Wais, my interpreter before, but this is a better picutre. It's on the parade ground at the KMTC with the mosque on the hill in the background.






Merrill took this the day of the flash flood. We were staning on the walls looking over the fence at the huge river of water that was flowing past. I posted pictures of that when it happened.













More pictures from the school.







These older boys are the "officers" of the school. They wear red armbands that say "officer" in Dari. They walk around with sticks in their hands and "beat" the kids to get them to move, do what they're told etc. A couple of them spoke a little English.






Merrill passing out candy.










The tent school room.






This is a picture of the German commander, LTC Fred Schultze. He was my roommate, along with Scott, when I first arrived. When he assumed command he moved out and got his own room.











The German's up-armored vehicles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is some weird looking bread. It looks like tobacco leaves. Sure love reading your stories!! Take care. Jacquie